The importance of health care data and good data practices continues to grow as the Covid-19 pandemic drives further digitalisation and creates new data streams. This online event explores the importance of patients trusting that their health and care data will be safely and responsibly used by the NHS. Now is the time to come together and look at how we can modernise protocols and ensure trust is built with the public.
This event is the first in a series exploring how we put trust, transparency and fair value at the centre of digital health and care. Our expert panel will discuss what public institutions, industry and decision-makers that hold, control and use our most personal data are doing to help to maintain and improve trust in England while simultaneously modernising best practice.
Join us to take part in the debate about:
- trust and transparency – where are we now?
- the benefits of trust and why it is important
- the role of leaders in creating trust and a culture of data transparency
- the benefit of sharing data and how it can be done safely
- the unknowns and pitfalls, including: who might get left behind without trust, and is trust dependent upon socio-economic background or ethnicity?
- local vs central – what happens at each level to ensure trust?